• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X1800 ~ 3 PCI Slots?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yeormom

Registered
So several pictures of the X1800XT have made it to the Internet now that the NDA is about to be lifted so I have to ask those of you who have seen images of the XT model~ Is it just me or is that card gonna be as long as a standard ATX motherboard (which could fight with mounted drives) and the fan/heatsink overlap blocking three slots? Yeah of coarse it's supposed to be a two slotter but the fan itself looks to extend into a third PCI slot~ looks like the card is gonna warp after a few months of being mounted in a tower...

the hsf for the x1800xt looks almost exactly the same as the one on the x850xtpe. so no it will only be 2 pci slots total

2 slot cooler for the XT, single for the XL and every other card in the x1x00 series.

It's not a problem for me since I have a CoolerMaster case and everyone knows they're known for their depth but just wondering how that will affect other poor souls.

Back