• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Making a .avi DVD disc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shard

Well, I have a whole pile of .avi's that I want to put on a DVD to take over to a friends and watch on his TV, well, I have found stuff to make DVD movie discs, but I want to have multiple .avi's watchable on the disc, like 10 or so, just some various decent res movies I have had laying around for awhile.

So how do I go about doing this?

Thanks.

if the avis are not compressed then most dvd players will play them if you just burn them to an ISO format disc as files, but if the are full length movies at decent res then they are probably compressed DivX, then unless the dvd player supports DivX playback (if it does it will have a little DiX logo on the front), which most don't, you will have to uncompress the images. Get something like Advanced X Video Converter (or better still an app like Adobe Premier or Sony Vegas) and just convert them to plain avi at 720x480 res or lower and either just burn them to an ISO disc or make each file that fits a separate chapter on a proper DVDVideo disc.

Ok, I have been toying around a bit lately with this, and I have a full season of Naruto (unlisenced)that I want to burn to a DVD that is playable on almost any DVD player. How do I go about doing so? I have 25 .avi's and I am realy unsure how to go about it. I tried DVD santa and it made the DVD ISO 6500 megs,when all the .avi's toltaled only 4.5gb. Just unsure how to go about this correctly.

You probably figured this out by now, but ah well... for the searches...

Nerovision Express 3 is fast, but quality is.. eh. DVD2SVCD (http://www.dvd2dvd.org) will produce a better conversion, but needs lots of hard drive space (I think about 30GB) and a LOT of time (8 hours or so). The guides are at the links Mr.Guvernment pointed to.

Back