• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wierd software request

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ToiletDuck

Ok so I'm debating on if I should upgrade to 2gb of memory or not. Before I do it obviously I'd like to know if it's worth it. Is there a program that when ran it will measure all the processes I have going as well as my other windows settings then it will tell me how much of an increase I would see if I just upgraded to more memory? Would be cool if it could.
Thanks
Duck

ToiletDuck said:
Ok so I'm debating on if I should upgrade to 2gb of memory or not. Before I do it obviously I'd like to know if it's worth it. Is there a program that when ran it will measure all the processes I have going as well as my other windows settings then it will tell me how much of an increase I would see if I just upgraded to more memory? Would be cool if it could.
Thanks
Duck

What program is it??

wingzerocustom1 said:
What program is it??

I think he's asking where he can download a program that will give him the answer to if its worth upgrading to 2GB or not LOL :p
Or if such a program even exists.

well my system specs don't reach the "minimum" by BF2 standards and I play it without a hitch.

ToiletDuck said:
Thanks
Duck

3D Mark 05

You can always just go into the windows task manager and see how much memory your using. As long as your not using more than you have, ie- using the page file, you should be fine. If you notice your using greater than what you have, I'd upgrade.

well but you'll never use up what you have really. The system keeps XX% available to open and run apps with. You could have 256 memory and it won't use up 256 or you could have 1gig and it won't use that up. Stays somewhere around 80% max I think.

ToiletDuck said:
well my system specs don't reach the "minimum" by BF2 standards and I play it without a hitch.

Thats a subjective response..

turn all settings to high (including sound)turn up AA/AF to max setttings then take a screenshot driving a tank from external view and post it showing fps with the
renderer.drawfps1 command , pick your res....

If you are over 60 FPS I will agree with your statement. No photoshopping please!

my system is stronger than many and bf2 can easily suck the life out of it..

Last edited:
BF2 does have an odd tendency to reduce a system to its knees. I experience extremely sporadic slowness, but this may be more due to the OS than BF2 itself. Extra memory makes a *sizable* difference, IMO, when running applications and especially games. I went from 1 to 2 GB and experience far less in the way of intermittent "load chops".

(Note: I have an SLI system.)

Back