• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do I disable "safely remove hardware" ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cruzmisl

Registered
Running XP SP2, ASUS A8N-SLI Premium and a Maxtor DiamondMax 10 6B250S0 250GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive. I have that stupid icon that tells me it's safe to remove my hardware but the hardware is my hard drive so obviously I can't. Any thoughts on how to disable it?
Thanks,
Cruz.

that usually refers to a usb device. are you sure you don't have a printer attached, or a scanner, or camera, or mp3 player?

if you installed the SATA drivers for the nvidia controller, it will now show your SATA drives as removable, since SATA is natively hot swappable.

you can hide the icon by customizing the autohide features in your taskbar properties, under "Hide Inactive Icons".

Yes, Know Nuttin has it right. Either hide it or live with t. It's just one of those dumb things. It could be worse. Did you ever have a zit on the tip of your nose?:)

Hmm, oh well I guess I can live with it. I already hid the icon but was hoping to eliminate it.

Thanks anyway though.

Cruz.
:)

You can change the properties so that it's optimized for quick removal. This disables write caching meaning it's gonna be slower but you won't loose data or anything if you just pull the plug.

"
Yes, Know Nuttin has it right. Either hide it or live with t. It's just one of those dumb things. It could be worse. Did you ever have a zit on the tip of your nose?"

have you ever had one inside your ear? :eh?: , i have :bang head

Try opening "run" and type in msconfig. Then look at the top tabs and click on "services", maybe something there can help.

Switch back to a ide drive and it will go away. Thats the only method of removal that there is.

i dunno the worst ones i've ever had are the ones that are on your back and are super huge but you cant even begin to touch LOL.

Back