• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Your steam account has been disabled? wtf?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

12am

Well, bought hl2 when it first came out.. played cs source maybe 20-30 times since than and all was good. Last night a friend of mine finally got his high speed internet connection and a copy of hl2 so we decided to play a little cs source together. Upon loading up steam it said my account had been disabled. Now why would they disable my account? I have never had any cheats even on my computer for cs:s (I have screenies to prove my lackluster cs scores lol). The only thing I can think of is the new gun models I got from counter-strike-dl.com that may have caused a problem, but why would they? it's not like using new gun models is cheating... so my question is what can I do to get my account enabled again?

If you got your account disabled for hacking/cheating(even if it was a false alarm) afaik, you can't get it back. Valve's a bunch of ******** when it comes to Steam. Great devs, but retards when it comes to online content and security.

Well that's a serious **** off. I am not pleased. Since when does bieng honest and not cheating pay off?. I know at least 2 guys who cheat rampantly and they still have thier accounts :(. So is using new gun models considered hacking by valve?.

same thing happened to me. so i bought another copy and now i hack like crazy and dont get caught. kind of ironic. but yea. i hate dealing with the steam people.

btw, no models do not count as hacks as long as there isnt a consitency issue. like if you go on a server and it kicks for inconsistant models or w/e. some times steam gets people for that but very rarely

Yea, the models never had any issues on any of the servers that I went to.. it's really a bummer to be banned. I however will not be purchasing another copy if valve doesn't reinstate my account, and will take a long hard look before purchasing any other valve product in the future... Here's to hoping Quake4 will have exceptional multiplay :beer:

um why would you even download a new model?

that's very borderline stuff, imo and i would never mess with any models etc.

Why not download new gun and player models? valve never updates them and some of the player made models look awesome... and sometimes you just get tired of looking at the same old models time and time again and you want a change. By the way how is using a new model "borderline"?.

because new models can easily give you an extra advantage. i've seen screens where the opponent is bright red or neon green. it would be very easy for vac2 to detect something with non standard models.

i also read somewhere that the only safe models are the css + cz models.

meh they were just plain ole gun model replacements.. none of them added any aim improving devices or hacks... regardless looks like valve won't reactivate my account and I warn anyone else not to use playermade weapon models.

be sure to make a new account with the new cd key as anything else added to your old account will also be banned.

since you already have all the .gcf files, it'd be prolly more economical for u to just buy a cd key on ebay (for <$20).

It's very possible system instability could've also caused it. Tell Steam to prove you were hacking. I bet they can't since you weren't. I am of course taking your word for it. Servers like consistency, that's for sure.

I'm not gonna get dragged into a flamewar here.. never cheated before and never will, yes accidents do sometimes get made.. everyone makes them. Now would it be possible that someone else could have gotten hold of my steam acct and been playing with cheats?.

12am said:
I'm not gonna get dragged into a flamewar here.. never cheated before and never will, yes accidents do sometimes get made.. everyone makes them. Now would it be possible that someone else could have gotten hold of my steam acct and been playing with cheats?.

only you can answer that. did you share your account info with anyone?

was your password easy to guess?

No I kept the account info to myself, never shared it with anyone. As for the password it was nothing obvious that someone would guess.

Valve has ****ed me off every since the word on TF2 being released, seems like that my respect for the company has gone waayyy down hill, but I still love CS:S :/

There are a lot of CD keys that have been dubbed during the manufacturing process. When two keys like this are found, the CD Key is disabled.

No models or config changes will result in a VAC Ban.
A VAC Ban will be said, not Account Disabled. It will say:

"The following games have disabled from use due to VAC.: DOD, CS etc..."

I think you got a copied CD Key.
Steam don't do anythign if u get VAC Banned. If this is NOT a VAC banning, contact valve and tell them the deal. I am sure they will ask for the CD + Key + P.O.P to be sent to them in exchange for another copy.

Hope it works out for you.

ps2cho said:
There are a lot of CD keys that have been dubbed during the manufacturing process. When two keys like this are found, the CD Key is disabled.

No models or config changes will result in a VAC Ban.
A VAC Ban will be said, not Account Disabled. It will say:

"The following games have disabled from use due to VAC.: DOD, CS etc..."

I think you got a copied CD Key.
Steam don't do anythign if u get VAC Banned. If this is NOT a VAC banning, contact valve and tell them the deal. I am sure they will ask for the CD + Key + P.O.P to be sent to them in exchange for another copy.

Hope it works out for you.

This is most likly the way to go. I've never been banned for using player generated models and it isnt against the TOS, it is however against match play but valve does not monitor that so no worries regarding that.

It was said earlier system instability can cause vac banning and this is also true. I was once given a two week suspention from vac enabled servers for having a memory error, well it happend once and I was kicked and thought it was a fluke, rejoined and sure enough.... two weeks later I dropped my OC at the time and never had the problem again.

Back