• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Laptop monitor shutoff

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

9mmCensor

Disabled
Ok, I have a Dell 5160. XP Pro. da da dada.

Sometime when I leave it. The screen shuts off. And wont come back on (requiering a suspend, then a turn on to get the monitor on). But when I do that, the sound stops working :( So how do I avoid this problem?

I see this is already fixed, but this is a problem specific to Laptops, so for reference purposes I am moving this to Laptops.
;)

Matt

violineb said:
I know this could get me flamed at but I notice 9mm asking alot of silly questions in regard to laptops :p
Thats because I dont have much experiance with them and am still learning. Someday I will become a laptop ninja.

I have allready made the switch from desktops to laptops... it's not that much different... just power consumption, heat, overall build quality, screensize, warrantiees, and range of use are all more highly emphasized... and unlike computers everbody has very different opinions of what the ideal laptop is...

Back