• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cant Hit 600mhz when I'm at 575?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yodums

OK ...

Im currently at 575mhz with a 115fsb (1/3)
AGPClock set to 2/3

I crank it up to 600mhz with a fsb of 120 same deal...

i get into windows and after awhile it reboots ... any suggestions?

p3 500mhz katmai core
abit be6

and for sum reason i try to change the voltage but in mobo monitor it says im still running 2v when i changed to 2.1

I think the culprit here is your Katmai CPU. Katmai chips usually seem to crap out around 600mhz or so. Getting 575 out of one is really not to bad at all!

As for the Vcore problem, I have that board and I've never had that problem before, myself. Maybe a BIOS update is in order?

that is pretty weird! I've heard of many people having the same problem on many different brands of motherboards; maybe it's something to do with the chip itself? I don't know for sure.

Good luck!

Monster of Rock said:
that is pretty weird! I've heard of many people having the same problem on many different brands of motherboards; maybe it's something to do with the chip itself? I don't know for sure.

Good luck!

I've had it happen with an Asus P2B-B running a PII-450 at around 558. I backed it off to 539 and it was fine. I can't explain it either. BTW: Except for that problem, it was stable at 558. Katmai CPUs just aren't good OCing chips... I got a slotkit and am now running a 600 on it and it seems to OC well enough.

The only thing I could suggest is to make sure there is good contact between your HSF and cpu.

But its more than likely that you've hit your limit.

Good luck though!

I will attach a new Golden Orb Slot 1 this week though.. And I can only go from 2v-2.5v old crappy katmai's :)

Back