• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sapphire Ultimate X800GTO 16pipes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jeffp83

I was wondering if it is possible to mod the X800 GTO (not GTO2) cards into X850's with 16 pipes? I read a review on the Sapphire Ultimate X800GTO and it said it uses the same core as the X850. Has anyone been able to do this, or is it only on the GTO2's? I'm living in Canada, so the GTO2's aren't an option for me, unless someone found a seller in Canada?

Thanks!

rumors and more rumors...... I haven't seen anything substancial but a few people have made claims to unlocking them. At this point I wouldn't count on it.

Read through this thread for further insight.

I have an Ultimate coming here tomorrow. I will pop it in and see if the right registers have the "F" on them and let you know tomorrow.

Well if this doesn't suck. It was suppose to be here on Monday so I called Monday night to find out what was going on and it was still in Florida. I want to send a big shot out to FedEx. Someone called me today waking me up after just 3 hours of sleep to tell me the package was still in Florida. That is alright, it will push it off to another reviewer since I just got in an X1800 XL card for a Friday review. When the Ultimate come in I will take a look at it and see if it is modable or not and let you know.

Back