• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LiteOn 811 Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tacoman667

I have this DVD-RW and have noticed an issue lately. When I stick in ANY DVD-R or DVD+R I get a max speed of 2X. I just bought a new 50 pack of DVD-R 16X and still get a max write of 2X. I updated the firmware again tonight but still nogo. Anyone got a clue as to what this could be? I thought it was a bad batch of DVD's from 2 months ago but my new purchase shows that it wasn't that at all.

Thanks!

it's still possible that the firmware of the writer can't recognize the media code and left it at 2x. Grab some good media like Taiyo Yuden's or Verbatim's and see if they are still at 2x.

I used Imagine-whatsitcalled and now Memorex, I'm not at my main computer so
I do not remember the name, but they are both like this. Would this possibly be a firmware issue?

it's possible that it is a firmware problem. In my experiences, when media is limited to a lower speed than what it is rated for, it is a combination of the media itself and the firmware of the drive. They are connected, in a sense.

If you have installed the nvidia IDE drivers, I would uninstall them as well, they have caused some problems for optical drives before.

Back