Master of teh Ghetto Mods ghettocomp's Avatar
    Choosing between two evils, I might pick the one I've never tried before.

Angry Another really good phishing attempt!!

Watch out for this attempt at Phishing, They are pretty good with this one..
    From: Chase Manhattan<banking@chase.com> Date: 9 Oct 21:23 (America/Los_Angeles)
    To: supercomputer@lwcma.com
    Subject: CHASE ONLINE BANKING NOTIFICATION
    Content-Type: text/html
    Message-Id: <E1EOidq-0007DD-4c@calcium.astounded.net>
    Received: from n003.sc0.cp.net (64.97.160.30) by n061.sc0.cp.net (7.0.045)
    id 43302F85001CBF24 for admin@lwcma.com; Sun, 9 Oct 2005 21:23:40 +0000
    Received: from calcium.astounded.net (216.193.234.226) by n003.sc0.cp.net (7.0.045)
    id 433C3584005DBB59 for supercomputer@lwcma.com; Sun, 9 Oct 2005 21:23:34 +0000
    Received: from root by calcium.astounded.net with local (Exim 4.43)
    id 1EOidq-0007DD-4c
    for supercomputer@lwcma.com; Sun, 09 Oct 2005 14:23:34 -0700
    Return-Path: <root@calcium.astounded.net>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear JPMorgan Case & Co. Member

For the User Agreement, Section 9, we may immediately issue a warning, temporarily suspend,
    indefinitely suspend or terminate your membership and refuse to provide our services to you if we believe that your actions may cause financial loss or legal liability for you, our users or us.
    Our terms and conditions you agreed to state that your service must always be under your control or those you designate all times. We have noticed some unusual activity related to your service that indicates that other parties may have access and or control of your informations in your service.
    We recently noticed one or more attempts to log in to your JPMorgan Chase & Chase Manhattan, service from a foreign IP adress. If you recently accessed your service while traveling, the unusual log in attempts may have been initiated by you. However, if you did not initiate the logins, please visit JPMorgan Chase & Chase Manhattan, homepage as soon as possible to restore your account status.

The log in attempt was made from:

ISP host : c-64-154-34-134.hsfgd1.il.comcast.net

To restore your account status click the link below:

https://www.chase.com/cm/login

If your received this notice and you are not authorized service holder, please be aware that it is in.
    They have been reported as well, IDIOTS! I don't even have one of those cards!
    I find that most people are like Slinkies.. They are not really good for anything, but can still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs. :P

after reporting their ignorant A** to the proper agency, I went to check them out a little (just messin')
    Checkit... the message box, they can't even spell. This page is not from Chase bank, but looks extremely real! but is asking for way more information than Chase does

The next pic is of their acceptance of all the extremely incorrect info I entered. If it
    was a real bank, it would have rejected EVERYTHING! Even the credit card number I entered
    could never-ever be verified by a legit organization.

Also it makes mention of Paypal! Not associated with them for this purpose!
    Almost as if they don't know what Paypal is...

Everyone watch out, this one is real enough to lose your money if you were the average joe. And there are a lot of those out there!
    I find that most people are like Slinkies.. They are not really good for anything, but can still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs. :P

If you look at the source it probably just is an HTML Form mailer to whoevers e-mail address :-p
    heat 9-0-0

Lian Li PC7B Plus
    ASRock Z77 Extreme6
    Intel Core i7 3770k w/ Corsair H80
    Muskin Enhanced PC3-14900
    HIS HD 5870
    Corsair HX620
    WD Caviar Black 2TB

It is, But there are a lot of folks that just dont know, and will find their money gone!

If anyone has any little second thoughts it also has links to a legit site with chase. Then they are reeled in good.

Now 6GHz or Bust!
    I've gotten a lot of pished emails lately. Funny thing is *all* of the pishing attempts in the past 2 months were directed at the one email address that I only use for usenet. never used those with eBay, Paypal, any online bank or anything else that doresn't use news:// syntax.
    space for rent