• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another really good phishing attempt!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ghettocomp

Master of teh Ghetto Mods
Watch out for this attempt at Phishing, They are pretty good with this one..
From: Chase Manhattan<[email protected]> Date: 9 Oct 21:23 (America/Los_Angeles)
To: [email protected]
Subject: CHASE ONLINE BANKING NOTIFICATION
Content-Type: text/html
Message-Id: <[email protected]>
Received: from n003.sc0.cp.net (64.97.160.30) by n061.sc0.cp.net (7.0.045)
id 43302F85001CBF24 for [email protected]; Sun, 9 Oct 2005 21:23:40 +0000
Received: from calcium.astounded.net (216.193.234.226) by n003.sc0.cp.net (7.0.045)
id 433C3584005DBB59 for [email protected]; Sun, 9 Oct 2005 21:23:34 +0000
Received: from root by calcium.astounded.net with local (Exim 4.43)
id 1EOidq-0007DD-4c
for [email protected]; Sun, 09 Oct 2005 14:23:34 -0700
Return-Path: <[email protected]>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear JPMorgan Case & Co. Member

For the User Agreement, Section 9, we may immediately issue a warning, temporarily suspend,
indefinitely suspend or terminate your membership and refuse to provide our services to you if we believe that your actions may cause financial loss or legal liability for you, our users or us.
Our terms and conditions you agreed to state that your service must always be under your control or those you designate all times. We have noticed some unusual activity related to your service that indicates that other parties may have access and or control of your informations in your service.
We recently noticed one or more attempts to log in to your JPMorgan Chase & Chase Manhattan, service from a foreign IP adress. If you recently accessed your service while traveling, the unusual log in attempts may have been initiated by you. However, if you did not initiate the logins, please visit JPMorgan Chase & Chase Manhattan, homepage as soon as possible to restore your account status.

The log in attempt was made from:

ISP host : c-64-154-34-134.hsfgd1.il.comcast.net

To restore your account status click the link below:

https://www.chase.com/cm/login

If your received this notice and you are not authorized service holder, please be aware that it is in.

They have been reported as well, IDIOTS! I don't even have one of those cards!

after reporting their ignorant A** to the proper agency, I went to check them out a little (just messin')
Checkit... the message box, they can't even spell. This page is not from Chase bank, but looks extremely real! but is asking for way more information than Chase does
phish1.jpg

The next pic is of their acceptance of all the extremely incorrect info I entered. If it
was a real bank, it would have rejected EVERYTHING! Even the credit card number I entered
could never-ever be verified by a legit organization.

Also it makes mention of Paypal! Not associated with them for this purpose!
Almost as if they don't know what Paypal is...
phish2.jpg

Everyone watch out, this one is real enough to lose your money if you were the average joe. And there are a lot of those out there!

I've gotten a lot of pished emails lately. Funny thing is *all* of the pishing attempts in the past 2 months were directed at the one email address that I only use for usenet. never used those with eBay, Paypal, any online bank or anything else that doresn't use news:// syntax.

Back