• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Safe Idle/Load temperatures...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Colonel_Pwnage

Registered
I have an Intel P4 630 3.0ghz and I'm currently playing with overclocking, I got it running at 3.45 ghz currently and my load temps while running Prime95 peaks out at 66C, is this safe to run longterm? If not, I'd like to hear people's opinions on "safe" temperature zones "yellow" temperature zones, and then "red" temperature zones. Safe meaning 24/7, 365; yellow meaning no more than 24 hours, and red meaning never. Thanks

The general rule of thumb is to stay under 60c. As for the other temp bands you are asking for...I think that is a little more personal preference.

Those Prescotts can handle low 60's if the voltage isn't too high. Personally, I have my temp alarm set for 65 degrees. I try to keep temps at or below 60 degrees for long term. The more volts you push, the more critical cooling will be.

Back