• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

looked but could not find it

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

newbzg

hey you guys.... this must be the dumbest question to ask, especialy that this is the oc forum... anyway i looked on how to overlcock a video card, but could not find anything useful, i have the ATI 9600 series, and how do you overclock, i would assume you just increase the speed of it, do you do it in BIOS, or somehwere else... ? help :)

Thanks guys !

Sorry to ask a question like this :rolleyes:

Most overclocking of video cards is done in windows with some sort of program. I like to use ATI tool myself (do a search on google you will find it). One thing to keep in mind when you try to overclock your card is make sure you do it in baby steps and make sure your card is not going to overheat. With ATI tool you can simply hit "find max core" to find how high your gpu will overclock (I tend to set mine 10-15mhz slower than the max for safety and stability reasons). The way you make sure your card is not OC'd too much is scanning for artifacts (ati tool does this), they are pixle corruptions (usually white or purple) caused by overstressed hardware. Sorry about my incohearent rambling, its late here, but I dont want to go to bed, lol. If you have anymore questions (I'm sure you will), post away, the only stupid question is the one that goes unasked.

OK thanks you guys ! I really do appreciate this, i will try to ATI tools and ill let you know when my cards blows ;) ....... Anways thanks again for being understandable.......... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

With vid card overclocking, you can increase the core and the memory speed. Do it a little at a time and once you start seeing artifacts (sparkles, tearing, or other problems), then back off.

Back