• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My x850 xt pe died :( Suggestions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MrNoClue

Registered
Hi all,

in the process of trying to get my machine running a bit cooler I reseated my cpu earlier. After doing so when I tried to boot, I got no video output from my PCIe X850 XT PE Gfx card at all :(

I have checked the power connection and the fan spins so I assume that is ok... the monitor is fine, and I have re-seated the card as a precaution, all without luck.

Any suggestions please?

Sounds to me like you didnt get the CPU back in right, or didn't mount the HS/F right. If that was the only thing you changed, I would suspect that first. Have you again tried reseating the CPU/HSF?

bchur83 said:
Sounds to me like you didnt get the CPU back in right, or didn't mount the HS/F right. If that was the only thing you changed, I would suspect that first. Have you again tried reseating the CPU/HSF?

I agree, try re-seating the cpu HS/F. A card shouldnt die like that, but theres always the possibility.

I only reseated the heatsink with new as5... it IS being held on using bolts rather than plastic clips.... eep! could I have overtightened it?

Edit: maybe I should just try slackening off the bolts a little?

yes you should try loosening the bolts a little, when i over tighten my cpu block my cpu doesn't work

bobmanfoo said:
yes you should try loosening the bolts a little, when i over tighten my cpu block my cpu doesn't work

Spot on, thank you very much!!! :)

So you got your video card working again? Awesome. I remember the first time I didn't reseat my CPU right and I thought my whole system had died :p

Back