• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone know how an lcd WORKS? Please look at these pics...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

voodoomelon

Hi folks.

I have this piece of junk I bought well over a year ago now and it never worked properly since I got it, it's a Innovatech sunvisor 5" LCD.

lcd3.jpg

A return is out of the question to cut a lnog story short, so is there anyone here that may have an idea as to the cause of the problem?

The problem is as follows. I have this LCD connected to a spare PC power supply to the 12v rail and the screen powers on fine. It's just the problem is, and always has been, that the display is extremely faint, you can JUST make out the Innovetek logo on the screen here:

lcd1.jpg

lcd2.jpg

I can make out all the menus if i look REALLY close, and also any picture displayed. Adjusting the brightness and contrast does nothing.

It does the same thing in the car obviously, so would anyone have an idea as to the cause of the faintness and whether or not it's likely to be a fixable problem?

Thanks a lot.
:)

put a reostat inline with the +12v side and adjust it up and down...maybe mess voltage will help it.

But how they work is there is a very strong white backlight and then the pixels change colors based on voltages they recieve from the controller and some light gets through while others don't

Ah, i see.

I presume you meant "less" voltage, lol.
But shouldn't it work at 12v like it was designed to?

And is there anyway to make a really simple rheostat? Thanks!

:)

Back