• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any one using the CT-479 and p4p800e -deluxe?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jenko

Recently been thinking of swapping my 3ghz prescot for a dothan, to overclock so i have good gaming performance and a silent low power bittorent pc as i sleep in the same room.

On the website they dont state that the p4p800e is comatible just these

P4P800 SE BIOS 1008
P4P800-VM BIOS 1016
P4C800-E Deluxe BIOS 1021
P4GD1 BIOS 1005
P4GPL-X BIOS 0205

I would of thought the p4p800se is the same as my p4p800e.

Are the people who have gone the dothan route happy, as i am not interested in the 2mb cache prescot lga cpu's same goes for intels dual cores, and if i go dothan i may be able to keep my current pretty much brand new mobo.
Should i hold out to see what yohan has to offer first? i wonder what the pricing will be like.

Thank you will check the sticky out, i take it the p4p800e lets you change the vcore?
Also would i be mad to fit my 7700cu on there as its a heavy cooler, its also a funny shape, its round where it would normaly contact the IHS.

I don't see any problems, just use some neoprene to cover up the cpu package. Also assemble it together outside of the case so you can just sit the cooler down and tighten it down without having to worry about tipping it. The neoprene will also give it some added protection.

I actually sold a bunch of lapped IHS's to fellow members. I believe they were putting them onto their dothans. I have one left and its going between my Dothan and a modified 7700cu.

Good to hear, as when the fan is turned right down it should still do a cracking job of cooling this cpu while be silent:)

Im thinking of getting the 730 or 740 which i can get localy for decent prices, i will have to order the asus adapter though.

Im split between doing this or waiting to see what yohan might do, plus in 6 months time i will probly what a new mobo im going to switch my 3card to a pci-e anyway.

Back