• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X850XT agp lock up after D3D exit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RAA

This card is ace but for some reason when I exit D3D occassionally system lockups meaning forced reboot. Everything loads fine again. I can go into and exit D3D many times without bother, it maybe happens once every 15-20 times.

This never used to happen with 9800 pro so I think OS is ok.

With this card I enabled Fast writes in bios, if I don't do that D3D sometimes locks in GUI.

I'm using ATI 5.9 CP, WDM ect.. but I don't use CP I use ATI Tray tool and powerstrip.

So what suggestions do you have. I doubt reformatting will help cause previous card was 9800 Pro and I unistalled that properly using driver cleaner pro in safe mode.

Maybe i'll try reinstalling mobo chipset drivers cause when I installed CDROM drivers that came with card it installed it's own AGPgart drivers!! Maybe try CDROM drivers again think they're based on 5.1.

Thought maybe someone has had similar experience. Disbale VPU recovery? Disable AGP Write? Any suggestions welcome..

Well I've done two things..

Used the power cable that came with the card and also used a separate four pin for HDD as before I used a cable that ran into GFX and then a short extension from that into HDD.

Also uninstalled drivers and installed latest ASUS drivers only, no CCC. Did a few hours of D3D before no problem but I think it will return unless I got lucky.

Got a feeling it could be winXP SP2, thinking about going back to win2000!! :shrug:

Back