• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this a VIVO card or not?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
nno the purple is the power, the yellow is the vivo.

Biofear, that card looks the EXACT same as mine, should flash fine :D

I see. I just found another photo. I didn't realize that purple thing was a molex connector! So what does the VIVO connector hook up to? I can't find any reviews that describe it. I was thinking that VIVO meant it was capable of S-Video/Composite I/O via the typical ATI adapter. But I don't see how that would work since the connector is internal, and looks like a power connector. So what exactly does it do?

...after doing some more searching, I found a comment that says the yellow thing "has something to do with VIVO".

I am assuming that VIVO interacts with other devices (VCR, cable box, etc) via the black connector on the outside of the card (slot panel) and an adapter cable that should come with the video card. The "yellow thing" is not actually the connector. Is this correct?

So, an ATI card with VIVO can be connected to a cable box and capture video, right?
This would be great, because I think I fudged up my AIW. And I don't need the TV tuner. I just use the Composite adapter to capture video from my digital cable box (using S-video and coax audio cables). If I can do this with a regular card with VIVO, that would be excellent. Can somebody confirm this for me?

Also, my AIW's manual says that the card has to be connected to the audio card's Line In. But without this connection I still get audio. When is this connection needed?

*Sorry to hijack the thread, but it's somewhat related! =)

electric sheep said:
...after doing some more searching, I found a comment that says the yellow thing "has something to do with VIVO".

I am assuming that VIVO interacts with other devices (VCR, cable box, etc) via the black connector on the outside of the card (slot panel) and an adapter cable that should come with the video card. The "yellow thing" is not actually the connector. Is this correct?

So, an ATI card with VIVO can be connected to a cable box and capture video, right?
This would be great, because I think I fudged up my AIW. And I don't need the TV tuner. I just use the Composite adapter to capture video from my digital cable box (using S-video and coax audio cables). If I can do this with a regular card with VIVO, that would be excellent. Can somebody confirm this for me?

Also, my AIW's manual says that the card has to be connected to the audio card's Line In. But without this connection I still get audio. When is this connection needed?

*Sorry to hijack the thread, but it's somewhat related! =)

Forget about the yellow connector, it is about as useless as the one on CD drives.

Yes, you will be happy that VIVO allows for everything you want.

Quailane said:
Forget about the yellow connector, it is about as useless as the one on CD drives.

Yes, you will be happy that VIVO allows for everything you want.
The cable that I am assuming is used for VIVO has two S-video and two composite video connectors. How do you capture the audio?

The AIW uses an adapter that had S-video, composite video, and composite L/R audio connections for video input and output.

If I can get a higher end gaming card but still capture video with VIVO, then I would much prefer that over getting another AIW.

So where are the audio inputs?

DeepScience said:
I thought the yellow thing was the audio input for the VIVO?
Found this in a review, regarding the yellow connector:
"Apparently, it is a composite video-in connector for some systems in Europe that have VIVO integrated into the front panel of the case. This connector is not used in North America, so you won’t have to worry about it."

So I still need to understand IF & HOW these cards with VIVO handle audio input. I know there's quite a few people here with X800/850 XT cards. So SOMEBODY should be able to answer this! :eh?:
:confused:

Last edited:
Back