Going to upgrade soon need comments and advice please!

Hey up peeps well at the moment i have this: -

Sempron 2500 (not a 64)
    Gigabyte k7 Triton (socket A)
    512mb Geil Value (2x256)
    Abit Guru 9550 (agp)

Now the machine gets mostly used for work right now stuff like dreamweaver, photoshop etc, etc but i do like to play the odd game now and again (who dosen't?!

Anyway when speaking to a friend they said get an MSI board but alot of you dont like them can i ask why? I know you lot like the DFI board but there a tad expesive but i maybe persuaded lol

anyway here is the line up i have so far and i live in the uk

Athlon 64 32/3500 - Yea i will overclock
    MSI Platinum - May change it not sure it's been recommended to me by a friend
    GFX - Geforce 6600gt maybe? (it should do me for now plus cash flow lol)
    Case - Antect P180 i like it and think it do me well
    PSU - Seasonic 520w - saw a great review for them price aint bad either

Cooling - case has 3/4 fans already but i prob get more and may splash out on a watercooling kit tho im unsure be my 1st one plus it be the 1st time ive seen one close up lol
    oh i need memory any suggestions? - good but cheapish lol 512mb minimum!

Oh i'll probably be using these sites: -

http://www.overclockers.co.uk
    http://www.scan.co.uk
    http://www.microdirect.co.uk
    http://www.ebay.co.uk < im a cheap scate lol oh and a student!

For that I would suggest looking into Intel...or an X2 A64 chip...but that's expensive.

Video card will do but if you can swing a 6800GT it's worth the cash (good performance/buck still)

Get another piece of 512 RAM also...or better yet sell your 2x256 and get a 2x512 set.
    i5-3570k @ 4.5ghz WC'd
    MSI Z77A-G41
    R9 280X
    2x4gb PC16000
    256GB Samsung 840
    Sennheiser HDR-120's
    Dell U2713HM
    "Computer games dont affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, wed all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitve electonic dance music..." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989

i kinda have a followup question on this subject, i have my trusty AXP 2400 from the times of unlocked CPUs, the glorious NF7-s and 1gb ram. would i notice much difference upgrading to an A64 system like the one described by Xoligy? is there a difference betweeen S754 and S939?
    TO DO LIST
    1 - Think
    2 - Post
    3 - Do not mess with the order of to-do list!

If you're going to be oc'ing, buy either the DFI Lanparty NF4Ultra mobo or the Epox EP-9NPA+ NF4Ultra. The DFI is supposed to be the best there is for oc'ing and is the one used in all the oc'ing tutorials here, but I hear the Epox one is about as good and is a little easier to set up, and it's also about $20 cheaper than the DFI. As for the socket question, if you're upgrading completely you should get a s939. It has more support for future upgradeability and stuff.
    "Recent studies show that guys who fold for team32 get more girls." - sno.lcn

Intel i7-4770 Haswell @ 3.4 Ghz
    ASUS Z87-A
    8GB G.Skill DDR3-1333 @ 8-8-8-21
    60GB Boot SSD + 3x1TB WD 7200RPM in RAID 5
    ASUS Geforce GTX660 2GB

Folding User Stats

yeah i wouldn't touch intel with a barge pole dont like them and x2 too expensive gfx card sticking with 6600gt

should of said im going to use old parts for a back up machine, backing up work and stuff thats important to me

Epox i know nowt about them but i'll have a gander