• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to go about sending something back to Dell?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fighter2a

I just bought a 2005FPW tuesday and I want to send it back because I don't like it. Has anyone sent anything back before that can give me some tips or something? Am I going to have to pay for return shipping? The thing weighs 22 pounds :bang head

I have returned many Dell things. Call them up, tell them what you want to return. You WILL have to pay return shipping because your returning it and it's perfectly fine. Then you'll have 2 weeks to ship it out.

They are sending UPS to pick it up on monday so i don't have to pay shipping. It saves me $20. Pretty impressed with Dell. That is assuming UPS shows up.

Fighter2a said:
They are sending UPS to pick it up on monday so i don't have to pay shipping. It saves me $20. Pretty impressed with Dell. That is assuming UPS shows up.
HUH?!?!? Now that's messed up....they didn't do that for me for laptop's i returned....

I would be sure to ask the UPS guy in advance. I was forced to pay $50 in shipping charges for something I had returned once. Why? Cause I didnt pay when they first picked it up.

Wow what a surprise. UPS didn't come and Dell says "Sorry you'll have to pay to send it back". After I expressed my anger they said they would send UPS again but didn't say a date. I asked if they could come next week for all I know and he said "yes". So that is really lame. And then I asked if I would be charged for the shipping and he says "You will not be charged for the pickup" keyword being PICKUP. So I ask him what about the cost after the pickup. About 10 minutes later he says "You will not be charged for the shipping after the pickup". So who knows whats going to happen I have a feeling this is far from over.

Fighter2a said:
Wow what a surprise. UPS didn't come and Dell says "Sorry you'll have to pay to send it back". After I expressed my anger they said they would send UPS again but didn't say a date. I asked if they could come next week for all I know and he said "yes". So that is really lame. And then I asked if I would be charged for the shipping and he says "You will not be charged for the pickup" keyword being PICKUP. So I ask him what about the cost after the pickup. About 10 minutes later he says "You will not be charged for the shipping after the pickup". So who knows whats going to happen I have a feeling this is far from over.

Wow, thats not good. You'll have to deal with them over the phone for several hours--with anger maybe.

Back