• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

temps varie with speedstep?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mewisemagic2

i have speedstep and hyperthreading enabled,it will 70+c while folding and with both disabled will run 55+ why? this with a dell 5160 2.8 p4

Last edited:
my guess is that it kicks in speedstep when you arnt using it and it allows the cpu to cool down. while when its disabled it runs at full speed all the time.

speedstep lowers voltage and the multi right?

Even though you have the folding program in the background-- you probably dont have it set to 100 percent cpu usage, so when its at a full 2.8, it gets hotter (obviously) and when you have speedstep on, the computer lowers the voltage and multi to cool itself down.

no, it runs cooler at 2.8 withspeedstep/ht disabled thats what i don't understand? when it's enabled it will be 70+ c at 100% or it might be just 50% with ht and if it is just 50% it should run cooler :shrug:

Back