• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case blues... Need a new one

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MmCheeto

Hay there :)

I have cut , drilled , added , and throttled all I can. Now my case is to small for my needs. Basicly there isnt enuff air flow in my current case. I have looked at a few hondred cases and all the thoughts have turned to mush . Bleh. Anyways I needed something with Dual 120mm Slots for my Rad. If I can finr 3 120mm slots together I can get a bigger rad = Mo betta. Anyways I think the Stacker 810 is about in line for what I need but I was really wanting something .... Not so bland... I cant stand the blank look of cases today. Only thing I can find with some class is LianLi but I didnt fint any with the dual or tripple 120mm fans.... Anyways. Help wanted. Thanks in advance (drooling on keyboard so im sleeping now lol) :bang head

Attachments

• BeforePC.JPG
    BeforePC.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 107
  • PCDone1.JPG
    PCDone1.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
The stacker should be awesome for your needs. Also the Lianli PC-75 can house a triple 120mm radiator in the top, but it will require cutting. I personally am gonna get the PC-75 when i do my water cooling project, for my senior project, lol.

Thermaltake Armor is a pimped out Stacker, I don't use any 80mm fans anymore :D It's got more than enough space for my watercooling so I'm sure it will provide plenty of room. Plus there's a really easy motherboard backplate mod where you can hide all your PSU wires. Check out the result.
Linkz0r

Pic from Thermaltake
features-Internal&featur-03.jpg

fuzzba11 said:
Thermaltake Armor is a pimped out Stacker, I don't use any 80mm fans anymore :D It's got more than enough space for my watercooling so I'm sure it will provide plenty of room. Plus there's a really easy motherboard backplate mod where you can hide all your PSU wires. Check out the result.
Linkz0r

Pic from Thermaltake
features-Internal&featur-03.jpg

Actually I did consider that case. I just got finished making a rig for my father with that case and the same water cooling rig as mine. I thought it was a nice case with some coll toys just something about it rubbed me wrong though. I mounted a dual 120mm Rad in the front and it took 3/4 of the bays witch I expected. I guess its the swing doors that im not sure about . I used to like doors and now im starting to like the smooth no door look of the lian Li and stackers.... I do agree with you though this is an awsome case. Just one I am gonna pass on. Im getting picky on computer cases..... Causing issues :bang head lol... Guess Im tired of buying them every so often when I grow out of one or think its ugly.

MmCheeto said:
Actually I did consider that case. I just got finished making a rig for my father with that case and the same water cooling rig as mine. I thought it was a nice case with some coll toys just something about it rubbed me wrong though. I mounted a dual 120mm Rad in the front and it took 3/4 of the bays witch I expected. I guess its the swing doors that im not sure about . I used to like doors and now im starting to like the smooth no door look of the lian Li and stackers.... I do agree with you though this is an awsome case. Just one I am gonna pass on. Im getting picky on computer cases..... Causing issues :bang head lol... Guess Im tired of buying them every so often when I grow out of one or think its ugly.
The doors actually don't make much of a difference... a radiator in front definitely takes up a lot of bays, but it looks awesome, and I can clean it before it gets dusty. Still, you should be 100% sure about the case you're buying. What about the Antec P180?

why not look at the Inwin Q500 case here .
These are very sturdy cases and have lots of potential for a modder , I love mine , and will never let it go , that will be with me forever

fuzzba11 said:
The doors actually don't make much of a difference... a radiator in front definitely takes up a lot of bays, but it looks awesome, and I can clean it before it gets dusty. Still, you should be 100% sure about the case you're buying. What about the Antec P180?

I have built a server with the P180. That is one cool case. No window and that sucker gets cramped very fast though...

Kinda torn between
PC-V1200 plus/PC-V1200B plus Although I have no idea where I would put a rad on this.

or

CM Stacker 810

or

I could wait on this one
CM Stacker 830
not sure if its worth it though :bang head

The lian li's might be great cases but somehow, they look a bit too utilitarian to me. That's just my own personal opinion.

I am also in the market for a new case. I really like the dual rear 120mm fans on the 810 and the movable front i/o panel,

My vote... 810.

Milkman said:
Room you say? How about this Case right here i just bought one and love it!!
That is the best case I have seen. Not like that standard ones(even if custom). But the price is a bit steep. It reminds me of a borg ship. hehehe
Might be a good nickname for it. :)

Back