• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crossfire UP AND RUNNING!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Pictures and benches coming in a little while - just in the middle of editing bios to get the clocks up...no OCtool works right now...
First run was a measly 8888 points in 3DMark05, but things should get fun by the end of the night...

um is it me or does 8888 in 05 seem really low for crossfire. i mean i read on this forum that a guy with a crossfire edition card got 7400 in 05 and barely oced

cooper15 said:
um is it me or does 8888 in 05 seem really low for crossfire. i mean i read on this forum that a guy with a crossfire edition card got 7400 in 05 and barely oced
that was me ... but with a FX57 - If I'd throw that in it will easily go over 10K - again this was just a bone run with zero tweaks and overclocks.

Problem is I haven't been able to OC the card yet - none of the tools work. I am trying to hack into the bios to change the clocks but no dice as of now.

Hes running Intel, hence the P5wd2 which happens to be one of the few motherboard that supports crosfire and is available right now.

However I would have to say heck with an FX-57 put in a 670 ;)

mikeguava said:
that was me ... but with a FX57 - If I'd throw that in it will easily go over 10K - again this was just a bone run with zero tweaks and overclocks.

Problem is I haven't been able to OC the card yet - none of the tools work. I am trying to hack into the bios to change the clocks but no dice as of now.

:bang head

Not even Overdrive works?

nope overdrive doesn't work yet - just edited a bios and still have a bit of trouble
10k for this moment - but lots more later tonight
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=1329874

koontz946 said:
put the fx57 back in!!
tried that - but no dice yet - I believe once someone hacks into Cat control center it could work - to unlock crossfire and overdrive...
DFI NF4 SLI sees both cards - but the option doesn't show up to enable overdrive. I might be wrong - but I have a feeling it's all in the driver...

Last edited:
awsome Mike, can you post up some pictures of the setup and such? I'm thinking of moving my Red system for Crossfire too. :)

Lookin' good Mike.

BTW I never really payed any attention to SLI setup's but what were say...two 6800GT's getting in 05'?

Back