• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ati tool.... fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cliffboss

i accencdently clicked a button in ati tool today, and it changed the default fan speeds per temperature really low to what they were at, could some help me get the defult fan speeds back... PLZ!!!

In ATI tool when you click settings (I believe its settings) and you go down to fan control, there is a couple of options.

Option 1 i think is to set a constant speed for the fan.

Option 2 is to set it to defaults

Option 3 is to set a speed at a different temp. I belive to get your defults back you would use option 2. If it is the case that it has a radio button at the top saying "Enable Fan speed control" Or something then uncheck it and it should grey out.

Cheator said:
Defaults aren't always the best.
Very true. My X850XT-PE, by default, permanently runs at 5% speed. Playing games like this made it overheat like mad. And I wasn't even overclocking.
The stock cooler even began to melt it was so hot LOL.

IWasHungry said:
Very true. My X850XT-PE, by default, permanently runs at 5% speed. Playing games like this made it overheat like mad. And I wasn't even overclocking.
The stock cooler even began to melt it was so hot LOL.

Maybe ATI tool wasn't working properly because the fan will get to 100% before it gets hot enough to do that. Did it do that without ati tool installed?

Actually I had a similar problem with my x850. My card would get up to like 75 C on load before ik installed ATI tool. Once i did, it was much cooler... and ALOT louder :).

Does it have a button that says something like "auto-fill"? I use the traytool, and there is an option that will automatically change the temperature at which the fan speed will be a certain speed. Like if originally it is supposed to be at 100% at 80C, it will change it to 100% at 50C because the average temperature on the card is much lower than the defaults. However, I always set the speed to 100%, so I know it's doing what it should be. You could always reinstall ati tool.

Quailane said:
Maybe ATI tool wasn't working properly because the fan will get to 100% before it gets hot enough to do that. Did it do that without ati tool installed?
Yes this was before ATITool was installed.

Oh and that fan is LOUD. Anything more than 30% speed drives me nuts haha.

i kind of fixed it...how do these sound
above 0* = 55%
above 50* = 60%
above 60* = 69%
above 70* = 90%
above 80* = 100%

I'd set it to 100% all the time. It's a bit on the loud side if that sort of thing anoys you.

If you want the fan speed to change with the temp i'd suggest you do something like
60% for when you are in windows ie 40c-50c then 60c should be straight to 100%.

above 0* = 60%
above 55* = 100%

That I feel is the safest and best sound wise. You'd probably be ok lowering the 60% to 40% but then you might go over 55c and have the fan doing 100% every so often when you are just in windows etc.

Scott.

I think jimbob is right. If you do 3d it should kick up to 100%. In 2d it will just be at a quiet 60%.

This is a very cool feature. My ATI Tray Tool settings were way off too but my temps have been ok so maybe it's a small bug in ATITT.

I've set mine up like attatched pic. It's a feature designed mostly for increasing fan life so might aswell use best settings possible..

Attachments

• GCS0026.jpg
    GCS0026.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 58
Back