• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fun with dry ice.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sephis

My roommate got some dry ice to bring some ice cream on a five hour trip. I took the leftove dry ice and put it on my WC radiator. Before, I took this screenie. The top is system temp and the bottom is processor temp.
beginning.JPG

After leaving the dry ice on the rad for a few minutes this was the temp.
after.JPG

I heart dry ice. :clap:

Dry ice fun 101:

Put dry ice in a 2 liter soda bottle full of hot water (can be done by mixing calcium carbonate with normal water giving a longer detonation time), screw on the cap and run.

- 2ndly once your out of the hospital --

Fill you sink with hot water, put dry ice pieces in the drain, and turn on the garbage disposer. Instant volcano! :)

Lots o' fun, but sadly, not with computers. Seeing as how he has been absent, I have to agree that his computer was not so appreciative of the amazing cold the dry ice produced as he was

it sounds like he knew what he was doing, he said "After leaving the dry ice on the rad for a few minutes this was the temp."..I'm fairly sure he knew what he was doing. Also, if you look at his rank and date of sign up, you'll know he doesn't get on much ;)

hmm..I want some dry ice now! Throw it in a fire..I wonder what happens lol.

Kevin007 said:
it sounds like he knew what he was doing, he said "After leaving the dry ice on the rad for a few minutes this was the temp."..I'm fairly sure he knew what he was doing. Also, if you look at his rank and date of sign up, you'll know he doesn't get on much ;)

hmm..I want some dry ice now! Throw it in a fire..I wonder what happens lol.

The situation could be considered in 2 ways.

1) After leaving the dry ice on for a few minutes, and taking it off, this is what the temperatures were

2) After a few minutes of having the dry ice on, this is what the temperatures were

It all really just depends. I had a long hiatus away from OCf for several months. Doesnt mean I was any the wiser, or visited often. Just meant I was away for a long long time.

Back