• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Desperate Nforce2 Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Valk

This poor little board wants so so bad to play with miss mobile. of course, being a value board that just happens to have an SPP, i thought i would fix it up to do some oc tests with it.
Flashed the bios to F11 which made it actully compatible with the mobile and im stress testing right now at 2400 mhz, 240 fsb.

nforce2.jpg

ghettoed up northbridge cooling.

nforce2-2.jpg

assembled pc crammed into my tiny case.

ah, i had fun tonight heh.

Good to see another nf2 tweeker still around. Impressive FSB for that board.
Have you found the bigger sink on the NB to make a significant improvement in your OC?

So good of you to bring Mr Gigabyte & Miss Mobile together. :cool:

I was actully having a lot of issues, since the mobile isnt really supported too well under gigabyte's bios at all. in fact, under f10, i coudlnt get the thing to run with any higher multiplier than 8, which was 1600mhz. anything higher and it would reboot randomly.
Since flashing to f11, i have been able to run 10+ multipliers without any problems. prime 95 finished testing for an hour without incident when i got dinner @ 200x11 without incident,so i went and tried 200x12 and it passed too.
unfortunatly, my memory is a little finiky. it will doe 2-2-2 at 400, or 2.5-3-3 at 600. anything in between is still sketchy i find but i tested 2-3-3 up to 240 fsb on this board with a moderate voltage boost, temp sits at 32.

i might try for higher, but who knows. right now, the fact that my computer runs and runs cooler is enough for me. im happy with 2 ghz as long as it doesnt make too much noise heh.
i dont know what stock temps were like, cant remember with this board, but flashing the bios seemsto have changed the temp readouts too, so who knows whats accurate or not. says im running 49ºC load on my cpu now with the waterblock *maze4 chipset since my rbx has no damn holes to mount to... stupid gigabyte*

Back