• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Laptop LCD displays nothing on Windows Boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

komm

My laptop is an old IBM Thinkpad. Upon booting it up, the display works fine, but when the OS is loaded, the screen turns black and refuses to display anything. The OS on it is windows 2k, and the video card is whatever is onboard on an IBM Thinkpad T21.

Have you tried multiple OSes? For example DOS that fits on a floppy disk (Caldera Dr-DOS)?

Of so, and that works, you need to sort out your drivers, I think.

Belongs in the Laptop Section, so I moved it. The laptop experts here should be able to help you.

Did your laptop come with any restore disks? Also, try what Cap'n Pedro said, get a boot disk (www.bootdisk.com) Try booting from that. Also, try booting into safe mode. Good luck!
:)

Matt

Woop, sorry for posting in the wrong forum.

The computer boots up fine in safe mode, so i'm thinking of just formatting the hard drive, there was nothing on the laptop of worth anyway.

Sounds like a video driver problem if you're only having problems in Windows, try uninstalling the drivers and installing some updated ones in safe mode, perhaps.

Back