• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sorry...Opteron dual core?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dpgthing

Disabled
I know this has been asked, maybe....but I'm anxious...
when is the x65/x70/x75 opteron coming out?
Where could I get one?

Also, I've heard these things clock up to 3.0Ghz and higher...is this true? Because if so, these things will blow the X2's out of the water.

I'm saying, if I can replace my 4400 with an x75 for the same price and get a 300mhz increase in speed and lower voltages on the same setup, why wouldn't I? :)
thanks in advance

That would be awesome....but the 144/146/148's are in so short of supply right now I could only imagine the dual cored version won't be out for a reasonable ammount of time.

the current dualcore opterons (drool) are so expensive...you might as well use the money towards a month's worth of gasoline. ^^

what stepping are those? anyone knows?

edit. old-blind-eyes here :p
it says e6.

wonder how they clock though.

Last edited:
Despotes said:
Monarch has them in. Check out "New Arrivals"

THIS is the one I want. :)

Specifications

* CPU ID Dual-Core AMD Opteron™ Processor Model 175
* Model 175
* Ordering Parts Number (OPN) OSA175CDBOX
* Stepping E6
* Frequency 2.2GHz
* HyperTransport™ Technology Speed 1MHz
* Integrated Memory Controller 2.2GHz
* Core Voltage 1.3 V/1.35 V
* Case Temperature 49° C to 65° C
* Wattage 110.0W
* L2 Cache Size 2 MB
* L2 Cache Speed 2.2GHz
* Manf. Technology .09 micron SOI
* Socket Socket 939
* Amperage 80 A
* Warranty 3 years (By Manufacturer)

my god. 80A.. and whats this 1mhz htt link? :p 2200multi xD.. sorry, had to laugh at that.. but seriously, damn these things must be powerhouses >_< dual core san diego 2.2s.. and not that much over my venice's oc'd wattage rating of 89W

Careface*

Who is gonna be the test subject. They have Dual Opteron 1.8GHz 1 meg each core. Dual 3GHZ Prime stable :drool: Man that would be stick. But they could be just high HQ toledo's. Hum someone byte the bullet now!! :santa:

i'm getting the 175 right now..i'll let you guys know how it OCs compared to my X2 4400. My 4400 is currently at 2673 stable...if it beats that, then it will be worth it, otherwise, I'll just sell it.

Be back in a week or so on this.

Last edited:
A buddy of mine works for AMD and has 4 880 procs sitting on his desk. These are like 2500 dollar chips and he is putting them in a system to be used for gaming! Some companies are going to show it off at different events showing off there products and you will see it at CES this year. I cannot wait to see it up and running but he is waiting for the mobo to come in.

keep us posted on those if you hear anything else, Highendtoys. provided your buddy won't get in trouble over that, of course.

Highendtoys said:
A buddy of mine works for AMD and has 4 880 procs sitting on his desk. These are like 2500 dollar chips and he is putting them in a system to be used for gaming! Some companies are going to show it off at different events showing off there products and you will see it at CES this year. I cannot wait to see it up and running but he is waiting for the mobo to come in.

yes please keep us up to date on that if its not to much trouble:)

Back