• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trouble seeing computer on my network

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Alchemy1

I recently got my network up and running (one wired PC and one wireless PC). Well, under my network places on my wireless PC I can see the files I have shared for that PC, but I cannot see my wired computer. If I click view workgroup computers on my wireless PC I can see that PC it's self, but not my wired PC.

On my wired PC I cannot see anything under my network places...it is completly blank. When I try to wee my workgroup computers I cannot access anything. Either it freezes up or I get this message:
Screenshot.jpg

Can someone please help?

BTW, the computers are in the same workgroup (WORKGROUP) and they have distinct names on the network.

did u disable window's firewall? if you have a router w/ an internal firewall, its okey to disable the windows firewall (it doesn't really do much anyways)

Thanks, it worked. I suck so bad at this networking thing...lol

Back