• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best way to get tubes on?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brinnswift

What is the best way to get tubing all the way on? Any sort of lubricant? Or is it best just to muscle it into place?

Use a pan of boiling water on the stove.

dip the hose, let it get soft & then jam it on there.

don't burn your hand. use a "mit" or something.

:attn:

what about a monkey rench and steam from a kettle? will that work? it not then call the firebregade and see what thay say lol

the heat makes it sorta melty and really flexible and stretchy,and the water keeps it from getting tooo hot and burning, and gives an even application of heat as opposed to say a lighter or heat gun. then when the hose cools it goes back to the normal tougher state. you might be able to give them good pull, heat it, or just slice it up the side to get it off. slicing it obviously wil lshorten the tube and could make some pieces unusable.

sometimes you dont even need to heat up the tube, just a little water can be enough to get the hose to slide all the way on

i m kinda lazy so instead of waiting for water to boil with a pan, i put some unfiltered tab water in a coffee cup (make sure it is microwave safe) and then just bring the cup to were i m working and dip the end of the tube in

I didnt even need to do that heh. i use the cheap cheap tubing ringt now as im still experimenting *tygon is much too expensive when you replumb your water system almost weekly trying to figure out how it flows best*
I just filled a rubbermaid with the hottest water i could get from my tap and submerged the whole run of tubing into it for a few minutes. just pulled out as much as i needed, cut, went over the barbs like butter.
Made plumbing the loop REALLY easy.

I bought the swiftech apex kit, and man was the tubing hard to get on the pump. I put the tubing in hot water and still I had a rough time with it but it went on... Finally, though I'm not sure if the tubing is far enough on. I got about a little less then .5 inch on it before it just would not go any further, though I had such a hard time getting it on I can't imagine it coming off anytime soon. I did a leak test for 3 hours and it was fine :)

You don't even need boiling water. Just put the end of the hose under hot faucet water and then just put a little bit of dishwashing soap (like just rub a light, really thin coat with your pinky) on the inside of the tube end. It'll slide right on but won't suds up as the end stays on the barb.

WarriorII said:
18 Posts on how to put on tubing........

C'mon guys. I think he gets the idea.

Enuff with the spam.

Its something we all go through, a right of passage you might say, no wonder people wanna talk about it.

Anyways, I say a lil astroglide, they say you can get a buick into a dog house with enough of that stuff.

Back