• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how big of an upgrade?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

d94

$30 a phone
cpusocket6mf.jpg

im trying to figure out just how far i can upgrade this p3 in a laptop i just got. currently, there's a 450mhz chip in there, i upgraded ram to 256mb, and the screen to 13" :)
i see upto 1.13ghz proc's on ebay, but i dont think they'd fit! someone please enlighten me :p

My IBM T20-22s use the same socket, and will support a 1.0 CPU. It really depends on what the BIOS will support.

What model lappy is it?

steve

The CPUs with 133 FSB, are socket 478. I found out the hard way, they won't fit. You need a CPU with a 100 FSB.

steve

i got a 850Mhz one like that off ebay the other day for $15 shipped i think there were a few more on there

Rpkole said:
i got a 850Mhz one like that off ebay the other day for $15 shipped i think there were a few more on there
link? :D

Rpkole said:

There was someone selling 8 assorted CPUs, of that type. I got all of them.

So, you can borrow anything from a 650, to a 900, and see what works. (I'm not getting rid of the 1000!)

steve

skou said:
There was someone selling 8 assorted CPUs, of that type. I got all of them.

So, you can borrow anything from a 650, to a 900, and see what works. (I'm not getting rid of the 1000!)

steve
ygpm ^^

Back