• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ibuypower Batallion G-600 and Video Driver Updates

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drsomewhat

hey all - its been a while since ive been posting, but im back with a new question

I bought an Ibuypower laptop over the summer, the Batallion G-600. It uses an ATI mobility x700 w/ 256 mb vram. I just installed Quake 4 on the laptop, but it won't let me switch out of 800x600, so I figured it was about time to update video drivers.

I called ibuypower to find out where i could get new drivers (since ATI doesnt support notebooks...), they refered me to ecsusa.com. I got the two drivers they had on their site, but neither worked - got black screens whenever windows booted.

So my question for you all is, how can I update my graphics drivers? I'm tempted to send this to them and have them figure out why it wasnt working. I tried the latest Omega drivers, but they also gave me the same black screen.

Anyways, thanks in advance.

the ATI catalysts from their website dont work for my laptop, keeps giving me a message that these drivers are not compatible with your device and that you have to contact your laptop's manufacturer. If they did work, I wouldnt be posting this.

I havent tried driver cleaner in safe mode yet. I will give it a go, and perhaps try omega drivers since the crap on ecs's website looks very outdated.

I used to like the Omegas but I HATE ATT so I gave Zerop0ints and DNA drivers a shot. Out of the 3 I love the Zer0points, same IQ and speed of Omegas without the ATT crap and still using radlinker.

I suggest the 0.57s. They are at www.driverheaven.net. The 0.59s aren't as nice for speed ATI's fault not Zer0point's.

alright i tried zeropoints, and omegas, nothing works - i still get a black screen whenever windows tries to boot

have to do a system restore to fix this...

Back