• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

having some problems with X600PRO installation =(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TWsuperG

Registered
hello all.

I am having some problems trying to install an X600PRO (pci-e) into a DELL Optiplex GX280 (new revision w/ pci-e).

System is 3.0ghz with 512mb ddr2 and 80gb hd, no other add in cards. It has a powersupply with PCIE power plug, but on this video card there isnt, a plug, so I assume it wouldnt be of use anyways.

Situation is that when i install this card in, (while still using the onmobo video card), when i boot into windows xp sp2, it will not even detect that there is a new hardware installed.

I also tried in bios to turn on auto to PCIE video first, then onmobo, and it wont show boot screen on the x600, but only on the onmobo video card.

If i am not mistaking, regardless which monitor i boot up in, once in windows, it should notify me of new hardware being installed, which unfortunately it doesnt ask me, nor could i find the hardware in the device manager.

Thanks in advance. :shrug:

Maybe its a standard Dell feature? :p

I actually have no idea... anything in your user manual? Maybe a jumper, a dip switch?

haha this mobo has no jumpers except cmos.... i remember reading someone had the same problem, but i cant seem to find that thread and cant remember if it was here or hardocp either. =(

Are you trying to say your using both onboard and your new card? You cant do that,disable the onboard video in the bios.Uninstall the x600 and then turn off the onboard vid. You will still have video thru the onboard bus so you can see the basics. Did you uninstall any drivers for onboard video as well? Dell is an odd duck the way things are setup after you remove the onboard video driver and have disabled it in the BIOS turn off the comp,turn off your surge protector and then push your power button on so it sucks the charged lines out. Then you can install your new card and repower the system. It should recognize new hardware and after that you can run your install CD. Right after that though go to www.atitech.com and get the newest drivers as the x600 ones are probably pretty old.

Back