• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A summar of what Ive found with dual monitors and my 9300

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheGreySpectre

I like to run to monitors, but I have been had some difficulties in doing it, so let me post what I have found, this is with a 6800go and the laptop in my sig

With the official nvidia drivers you can run 2 monitors if 1 monitor is is your laptop monitor

With official nvidia drivers you cannot set your external monitor to be the primary monitor unless you set your external (nonlaptop) monitor to be the only monitor

With official nvidia drivers if you are running 2 external monitors (1 from the DVI port and 1 from the VGA port) then it will give you the option in the menu to use only the 2 externals but when ever you try that option it just reverts to 1 external and your laptop monitor

With the Dell drivers everything is almost fine an dandy, occasionaly when I restart I have to repostion my monitors in the windows properties menu

With the Dell drivers you Can set you laptop monitor to be a seconday monitor and your external monitor to be a primary monitor

With the Dell drivers you can run 2 monitors, 1 from VGA, 1 from DVI

I have tried this with two versions of the dell drivers, the ones prior to the BF2 fix and the ones released on 9/14/0 and 3 sets of official nvidia drivers, 2 from the 7X.XX era and also with the 81.84s that were recently released, all with modded infs so they work on the 6800Go

As much as I like to run the latest drivers, I am currently running the dell drivers due to difficulties with 2 monitors and the official nvidia drivers w/ modded inf.

I hope these observations are of help to someone

If anyone happens to find a solution to getting 2 monitors to work flawlessly with the lastest drivers please let me know

Yes It has been done before... I read about it on notebookforums a guy was using modified drivers from laptopvideo2go.com... he was able to use 2 external monitors but the laptop screen would go blank because the graphics card can only handle 2 monitors at any given time. I can't find the thread... Threads get buired so fast on notebookforums it's redicious. the same driver modified driver allows overclocking of the graphics card also ;)

*edit*
ah oops... latest drivers huh... I have allways seen peoples vison of the "latest drivers" to be overrated... I like to wait a few weeks before getting the latest just so the bugs can be flushed out... (i'm using the 76.50 drivers and see no reason to upgrade) there will just be another "latest driver" released a couple weeks later anyways...

Last edited:
I know the laptop can only support to monitor no matter what, I forgot to mention that

yeah its kind of hard to find anything on notebook forums

Back