• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Viper John on X1800XL

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IWasHungry

Hi Hungry

I will be modding all 1800's and can actually do them now. Just a
matter of some to come in.
All of my regular and pro gamer customers are waiting for the XT buns
to pop out of the oven.

The cores have already broken 1Ghz on LN2 but of course that is hardly a
24/7 gaming/Lan Party
type card you could use everyday. In fact it was a run lol.

You heard him boys, now send them in! :p

Well ya if you want air mods. There's no point in doing hard vmods anymore with this series as it's software controlable.

El<(')>Maxi said:
Well ya if you want air mods. There's no point in doing hard vmods anymore with this series as it's software controlable.
Really now? I wasn't aware voltages were controllable on the new cards...

El<(')>Maxi said:

There is a lot more to modding a card than slapping a couple of trim pots on it. It still comes down to heat and the control of it.

The voltages on the x1800 are adjustable through software, in a limited range, for now. That could go away real quick in the RMA rate goes up from users bumping the voltages without the cooling to go along with it. Kinda like the way the 7800 Vcore PS's start pucking parts when you go to a fanless GPU cooler with taking care of it at the same time.

Viper

Back