Registered

Unhappy my mouse makes my speakers moan

i've got win2k pro and a sahara ps2 mouse and some standard speakers, but when i move the mouse or scroll with the scroll button the speakers make this kind of interference noise, like flourescent lights usually make, can anyone help me out here??

10 Year Badge
    i beleive i cant. ive been using W2K Pro for almost one month yet and im still a lot suspicious about its IRQ management when ACPI is being used. you could check out if your mouse isnt sharing the IRQ with your sound device. bet u can get better help here. good luck.

What motherboad and sound card are you using?

cheaper motherboards do this a lot, particularly if they have on-board sound. Try an EMI filter on the mouse cord, right near where it plugs into the board. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Also, try moving your monitor and any other electric things to new AC outlets. That could do the trick. Last try- turn your Windows volume down and your speaker volume up. This can mask the interference sound a bit if all else fails.

Senior Band Wagon Jumper CrystalMethod's Avatar
    10 Year Badge
    Another thing it can be is that your mouse/speaker cables are picking up interference from your monitor. Try moving your mouse and cable as far from your monitor as you can to see if it makes a difference. If it solves your problem you may need to get a better mouse, or the worse case senario, your monitor is on it's way to the grave.

Registered
    That line is just too funny - maybe they're just having a good time, lol. Try givin'em some privacy, for an hour, or 2

Oni-ni-Kanabō
    Ninja Hippo eater Moderator
    10 Year Badge

Re: my mouse makes my speakers moan

Originally posted by ddt
    i've got win2k pro and a sahara ps2 mouse and some standard speakers, but when i move the mouse or scroll with the scroll button the speakers make this kind of interference noise, like flourescent lights usually make, can anyone help me out here??
    Mine does the same, but only when the volume is turned up really high. I don't notice it at the volume I run at, so it dosn't bother me.
    Mama, put my guns in the ground. I can't shoot them anymore.

On Indefinite Hiatus

Asus P6T SE
    Intel i7 930 @ Stock
    12GB Corsair DDR3 9-9-9-24
    XFX Radeon 5830 @ Stock
    Corsair 750 Watt PSU