• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my mouse makes my speakers moan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ddt

Registered
i've got win2k pro and a sahara ps2 mouse and some standard speakers, but when i move the mouse or scroll with the scroll button the speakers make this kind of interference noise, like flourescent lights usually make, can anyone help me out here??

i beleive i cant. ive been using W2K Pro for almost one month yet and im still a lot suspicious about its IRQ management when ACPI is being used. you could check out if your mouse isnt sharing the IRQ with your sound device. bet u can get better help here. good luck.

cheaper motherboards do this a lot, particularly if they have on-board sound. Try an EMI filter on the mouse cord, right near where it plugs into the board. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Also, try moving your monitor and any other electric things to new AC outlets. That could do the trick. Last try- turn your Windows volume down and your speaker volume up. This can mask the interference sound a bit if all else fails.

Another thing it can be is that your mouse/speaker cables are picking up interference from your monitor. Try moving your mouse and cable as far from your monitor as you can to see if it makes a difference. If it solves your problem you may need to get a better mouse, or the worse case senario, your monitor is on it's way to the grave.

That line is just too funny - maybe they're just having a good time, lol. Try givin'em some privacy, for an hour, or 2 ;)

ddt said:
i've got win2k pro and a sahara ps2 mouse and some standard speakers, but when i move the mouse or scroll with the scroll button the speakers make this kind of interference noise, like flourescent lights usually make, can anyone help me out here??

Mine does the same, but only when the volume is turned up really high. I don't notice it at the volume I run at, so it dosn't bother me.

Back