• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

thinking of moving to PCI express got a few ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bL@$t4m3

Ok i got a asus radeon 9800 xt for my current machine
athlon 64 2800+ oc'ed to 2.2
1 gig geil value
80 gig HD

anyway i was thinkin of gettin a new mobo and was wonderin what pci-express card i should get im lookin to move over cheap. Cause i dont have money like i used to when i bought the last graphics card. im just wonderin if there is anything decently priced i can get that will compare to my card? never used a machine with a pci express card or anything so im not really sure what to expect i probly could figure out a good card to grab. But, i figured i would ask here see what peopel say. i got about 300 bucks to spend motherboard and all tho. So should i just stick with the graphics card i got? or is there a decent ati pci express card out there? thx in adv.

It will be expensive to move to PCI express for you since you are using s754, or at least it looks like it.

I would just stick with your system for a while longer (until january) save up adn buy a nice x800 xt or something like that, along with a new mobo and cpu.

With $300 i wouldn't bother trying to go to pci-e. Unless you get one of those skt 754 boards with PCI-e. But with $300 that'll really limit you on what vid card you can get.

IMO i would just get a x800pro agp and hopefully it'll unlock for you (look for the vivo ones).

depending on how much you can sell your stuff for, the X800 GT is an upgrade from your current card. For not much more though, you can get an X800 GTO2 that will usually mod to X850.

that said, I would say it hinges on how much you can sell your current stuff for. If you have to shell out alot of money, it's not worth it just yet.

Back