• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Ram to buy???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

danimbk

Registered
Got a P5ND2 Nforce 4 SLI Mobo that supports up to DDR2 667. P4 EE 3.73Ghz with 1066FSB.
I know the board only supports up to DDR2 667, but can I get OCZ PC8000 running at 1GHz and just run it at 667 with really low timings? Basically my question is, with money as no object, what RAM should I buy for my setup that is the absolute fastest and best for gaming? :shrug:

Alright SteveOCZ, no one else answered so I went ahead and bought a gig of that stuff. 300bucks so I hope its nice. Thanks

Well, it's too late for you now, but not for others who might stumble upon this thread. Corsair has their CM2X512A-5400UL that runs 675MHz at 3-3-2-8.

Actually it is not too late for me, apparently they are on so far back order that they don't know when they will get it so they canceled my order. So I will look at these two that were newly suggested.

Back