• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need co-op games

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Slimmy

What are the best co-op games old or new?

Played both serious sam and serious sam 2. <--- very fun
Also played the C&C series.

I enjoyed Warcraft 2 coop. Didn't get into Warcraft3 multiplayer, but my friend says it jives with coop play really well.

Guild Wars is fun too. Not sure if it's your cup of tea, but there is no monthly fee to it.

As far as rts games go, I always preferred age of empires II. It's pretty dang fun with a friend. You can also try Halo. I haven't played in for the PC, but I'm assuming you can do co-op since you could on the xbox version.

o0OBruceLeeO0o said:
As far as rts games go, I always preferred age of empires II. It's pretty dang fun with a friend. You can also try Halo. I haven't played in for the PC, but I'm assuming you can do co-op since you could on the xbox version.

AFAIK there's no CO-OP mode in Halo for PC, as bizarre as that may seem.

You could also check out the latest Splinter Cell title. My friend and I played some of the co-op stuff for that and had a blast. You would also have the mulitplayer option.

Nolf 2 has pretty good co-op gameplay I hear... I wish the COD series had co-op mode...

Is warcraft 3 mission based co-op or is it map generated stuff?

We have played age of empire 2 and nolf2. Both great games!!!

As for Halo, it would rock if it had the multiplayer for pc. My uncle has it for his xbox, but i suck so bad w/ those controllers that i just run around in circles staring at the floor.

Never got into splinter cell.

Will have to look into swat 4.

Slimmy said:
Is warcraft 3 mission based co-op or is it map generated stuff?

We have played age of empire 2 and nolf2. Both great games!!!

As for Halo, it would rock if it had the multiplayer for pc. My uncle has it for his xbox, but i suck so bad w/ those controllers that i just run around in circles staring at the floor.

Never got into splinter cell.

Will have to look into swat 4.

warcraft 3 is not mission based coop but playing online is fun............

Numbstruck said:
AFAIK there's no CO-OP mode in Halo for PC, as bizarre as that may seem.

Oops, my bad. Thanks for the correction :) . Someone mentioned No One Lives Forever 2. If you haven't played that yet, you should definitely play that co-op.

Sjaak said:
Ghost Recon missions (and the expansions desert siege and island thunder) are a blast for coop play :D
Brings back some memories, eheheh. G.R. coop definitely needs to be experienced especially on elite mode. :thup:

Vote goes for GR :) some of the best gaming times is with that, and some maps that had some insane amount of soldiers on it. We'd limit it so we could only die like 3-4 times each and see if we could finish it. Fun fun times.

Also raven shield was the original one that started with co-op play and that was great also. Ah the fun times.

Yeah RvS too but the AI there is dumb and the levels are tiny compared to GR. Plus it is more hit and run and less stealth gameplay.

Back