• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCing my Opty

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

edma2

I should be recieving the rest of my computer parts tomorrow,
DFI Ultra-D
MSI 7800GTX
GSkill Extreme 2x1gb ddr500 pc4000 GBHZ

...and I can't wait to rev up the speed for my Opteron 146 CABYE!

However, it will be my first OCing experience and I would like some tips from you pros out there! Specifically, are there any tips for the opteron?

The link Hamm3r posted is very good at laying down the steps to OC an A64. I would reccomend reading it once, then reading it again, then printing it out and overclocking your opty as per your new "instructions".

Yes, I have seen that. I am a little skeptical about using that guide though... it is pretty short. How well does the guide work when OCing for the FIRST time?

the guide is very good even though it is pretty short. If you've never overclocked before, I would suggest reading http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=263753 to pick up some of the terminology... play around in your bios and see what you can change and if you dont know what that change does (such as ram timings), do a search on here and see if you can find an answer. The only way I've ever been able to do things (car, computer...) is to jump right in and play around.

Back