• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

About to buy a BenQ joybook D10

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sjaak

Hey there, i'm about to buy a BenQ and i'd like to know if anyone has experience with them. I kinda dropped the idea of getting an expensive, heavy gaming notebook, and to go with small, cheaper and portable instead.

The 7000 D10 looks nice:

Dothan 1.6Ghz 400FSB
14" widescreen 1280 768
2x256MB DDR
XP professional
40GB 4200rpm
DVD writer
Ati mobility 9700 64MB
The usual wired & wireless network
4 - 5 hours battery (!!!)
Just over 2 kgs with battery

For 1149 euros (1400 dollars). Dropped from 1500 past week at my favorite store and i'm really tempted to buy it since its a decent performer with excellent portability and battery life. Not to mention it costs way over 1500 at any other store. If anyone has any experience with them, please share :)

Aw come one there must be someone with experience with these. Google turns up very little reviews.

NEVER HEARD OF EM... by the way... isn't that a little much for technology that is more than a year and a half old? I would look for something else of comparison first before going in on this... (you have to remember that I'm a cheap blaster and I only jump on insanly juicy deals becuase I don't have any money most of the time ;))

why the interest in such a laptop? it's not uber small... it's not uber big... I'm not understanding the price... it is 4.4 pounds though which is about a half pound to 3/4 of a pound under the norm but that's it...

ozzlo said:
why the interest in such a laptop? it's not uber small... it's not uber big... I'm not understanding the price... it is 4.4 pounds though which is about a half pound to 3/4 of a pound under the norm but that's it...

It's relatively cheap, and if this one aint no good ill go with the 6000, smaller version with 12" screen and even more cheaper.

don't they sell dells over there? i thought dell sells pretty much everywhere nowadays. 6000 with similar specs would run about $200 cheaper.

violin, thanks for the links.

Well the nearest dell deal has a 17" screen making it alot bigger and heavier.

Buying from the USA makes no sense, import fees and shipping will undo the price advantage.

mcoleg said:
really? i didn't think of it. what if you buy from a person, same fees apply?

When shipping overseas they want to know what is in the package, and if not specified they will open it. There are fixed improt fees for pc items of a certain value so you can't really get away with it.

I think i'm going with the benQ 6000 instead of 7000. It is alot smaller (12" widescreen), and has similar specs (same CPU, RAM, larger harddrive, no VGA though but still 4 hrs. battery life). Plus it is 100€ cheaper.

Back