• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

got more to spend on sound card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
also, how do i hook up the sound card? do i have to put jumpers on the pins like i did for my onboard sound or do i just have to plug it in and install drivers and it should work?

i'm gonna be ordering it tomorrow this is why i'm kind of being impatient :)

well i didn't order it today i'm gonna wait till monday... will i notice a difference between the SB Live! and the audigy 2 zs?

vcstrike said:
well i didn't order it today i'm gonna wait till monday... will i notice a difference between the SB Live! and the audigy 2 zs?
The Audigy 2 is better, but they both have the same core. You have to go up to the X-fi to get a really improved card. I hear they work particularly well with headphones.

i think it's a little out of my budget. so i shouldn't notice a big difference between the audigy 2 and sb live?

Soundwise, I think their is some difference particularly in low end sounds. The A2 has considerably more features. Having owned an SB Live, an original Audigy and the A2 ZS, I can say that sound improvements have been in modest increments at least to my ears.

hmm. yeah i guess better lower sounds would be better for games. (right?)

Stay away from head-fi, they will drain your wallet quickly lol. I have a love hate relationship with that froum. I did just order some hf-1s the other day so i am pretty stoaked. Should be quite different from my SA5000s as these are my first set of grados.

Cole has a good point there. If you are tempted to purchases by pictures and good comments, don't visit the DIY forums with the DIY projects and cables picture threads. It's the reason why I've spent about $45 on cable and connectors in the past month. o_O

Hey_Its_Cole said:
Stay away from head-fi, they will drain your wallet quickly lol.
They will also fill your head with audiophile hogwash. Don't buy into things like headphone or power cables affecting sound. It's a bunch of rubbish, bad science is what it is.

That's good advice. People who claim that they hear a difference are fooling themselves. (I spent all that money it must sound better)

rseven said:
That's good advice. People who claim that they hear a difference are fooling themselves. (I spent all that money it must sound better)

this is perhaps the most retarded and ignorant statement ive heard

Echo_ said:
this is perhaps the most retarded and ignorant statement ive heard
Echo, feel free to disagree all you want, but I find that statement an affront. That is not the way people discuss things in this forum.
People make a lot of claims about what they can hear that are surely not based on the acoustic realities of the human ear. Hearing minute differences on PC sound gear is something my dog isn't capable of doing and his ears work a lot better than ours. You may think otherwise and that's your right, but I suggest you do that in a respectful way.

rseven said:
Echo, feel free to disagree all you want, but I find that statement an affront. That is not the way people discuss things in this forum.
People make a lot of claims about what they can hear that are surely not based on the acoustic realities of the human ear. Hearing minute differences on PC sound gear is something my dog isn't capable of doing and his ears work a lot better than ours. You may think otherwise and that's your right, but I suggest you do that in a respectful way.

do you have any experience in high end audio?
what gear have you listened through?

its not too hard to tell the differences between some gear and others.
maybe if it was bose gear id understand your statement, but to come out and say that you cannot hear differences when using different cables is stupid. especially when i assume you do not have any experience in that area.

if you do have experience i still disagree with you and maybe you need to clean ouot your ears.

sorry if i came off bluntly. its not personal.

edit: any many times when comparing cables etc the more expensive is not better so your point does not make sense there

Back