• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is my card fubar?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I haven't messed with anything on the card.. I ran it at stock/BFG Oc speeds..
Actually the temp didn't get above 58c playing games, 53 idle.

OnDborder, I accidentally put 5v through the mem on a 9800pro once! It ended up looking like those pictures, you could see the screen pattern changing as it went through the bios and into windows but couldn't make anything out. I have even tried blind bios flashes and have come to the conclusion that the memory/memory controller had burnt out.

I hope it's a corrupt bios for your sake, is it still under warranty? if so RMA it, if not can you try in a friends pc? Last resort if it's out of warranty would be to try a blind flash unless you have a PCI card lying around.

good luck

bt

Ya, I put a video pci card in and no problems.. Re-booted a half dozen times with no problems.
You put 5volts to the graphics card? I wouldn't even know how to do that. No I ran it bfg/oc stock.
It's got a "lifetime" warranty.

Back