• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lost One of Our Own, Maddman Donation Drive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silversinksam

Moderator/ Silver Paste Taster©
For those of you who have been around a very long time, I am sad to report that we recently lost one of the originating spirits of our forums, Maddman, aka Patrick. He passed away from a pulmonary embolism at the age of 43.

Link to front page memorium

We are going to collect donations to send to Patrick's family to help them defray some of the final expenses. If you would like to help by donating, Lutawicasa and I will be collecting the proceeds and sending them to Patricks family.
For sending in checks or money orders, please send them to:

Lyman D. Gaines
4969 N. Kolmar Ave.
Chicago, IL 60630

For Paypal NON credit card donations, please make payment to:

[email protected]

For Paypal Credit Card donations, Please send payments to:

[email protected]

I never knew Maddman but it is always sad when someone in this great community passes on.

My funds are limited since I am student but I gave what I could.

"Success"?

That depends on what you mean. The funds garnered haven't been very much (only about $500), but the message of the positive impact Patrick's life here has made on such a large and diverse group of people worldwide is clearly shown.

damn stingy overclockers!! no really im glad that people have donated anything, to bad that they will spend $300 on a video card but cant even spare $15-30 to help out the family of a fellow overclocker. Come on people, help out, maddman contributed allot to the community, as have others, reward the time they these people have spent helping you and providing experience in an organized form. Plus its not really that much, even $5 will help out, and that's only an hrs worth of work!

LutaWicasa said:
"Success"?

That depends on what you mean. The funds garnered haven't been very much (only about $500), but the message of the positive impact Patrick's life here has made on such a large and diverse group of people worldwide is clearly shown.

Sorry guys, I would've donated some money, but I am a student, have no job, and barely have any money. If I had some money, I would donate it, but the best I can do as of now is show my sincerity in the form of words. Is there an email address that I can send a message to, to help the family get through this w/ support? :cry:

Back