• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

urgent help needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ssjwizard

Has slightly less legible writing than Thideras
so im not realy sure which forum this fits best so if it will get better result in a diffrent forum please let me know or move it im despirate.
before i get into details a bit of information onthe system.

im running 1gig of DDR400
althlon 64 3000+
chaintech motherboard(cannot recall model number)
and a geforce fx 6400 pci-x16
running on an antec 350W psu

ok so ive ben using windows 2k pro for quite some time and ive run into just about ever problem imaginable. ok so here we go i was in windows lastnight and the system shutoff and stoped responding. so after abou 10 mins tring to get it up(pressing power button failed to yeild any result) i disconected power from the wall unhooked all input devices and all power/ide cables and allowed the system 30 mins to sit. after reconecting all cables and devices presing the power button allowed the system to turn on but unable to boot intow windows. after tring safemode and all the tricks i know that dont inolve a reinstall i went ahead and formated the hdd and attempted to reinstall. after several atempts and lots of strange hdd errors i declared the hdd FUBAR and swaped it out with a western digital 60gig ata 100 i had in storage for just such a situation. after fdisk and format the install went smoothly although very slow. apon completion i can boot into windows but my cpu is running at 100% usage with ANY window open before i installed any drivers or any software. my cpu is currently NOT overclocked nor has it ben since i built it 3 months ago. cpu temps are running around 35C. acording to cmos boot all 1gig of ram test ok. my volts are running a tad low but nothing drastic. my +12v is running at around 11.92 and 3.3v at 3.2 and change. any ideas on what hardware/software/cmos might be messed up i realy need to get the system back online ASAP

ok a bit of new info ok so i got some of the mboard drivers installed(nforce 4) and it didnt realy clear anythingup. i dont think its the cpu in my experence a cpu either works or it doesnt please correct me if im wrong. i need to do this as cheeply as possible and as quickly as possible so any advice on testing current gear or repairing it im open to any sugestions.

yes i have tried reseting the cmos, and win2k just installs with a standard configuration so no way to test that. no i havnt tried that memory program which is why im asking any tools that can run a test id be happy to get and try.

ya tried that didnt work. i actualy had some substitute ram from another case that i know works and reformated/installed same problem. i can only figure its either the cpu or the motherboard at this time. so i figure ill use the rma i have on the cpu since i have the 3yr warentee on this one. and if its still not going then i soupose ill have to pocket a new motherboard.

Back