• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Playstation 3 DRM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I know what you mean. My ps1 broke after a few years use. Something like this is way overboard.

Ebola said:
I know what you mean. My ps1 broke after a few years use. Something like this is way overboard.

One of my PS2s failed to read some games after just two months! If this DRM thing passes, no PS3 for me.

wow LOL
as stated above..this will kill rentals!
for this reason alone i would buy an xbox

Does Microsoft have some people in sony performing espionage or something? Seriusly, no rentals, no trading games period, bad on-line support and coming out nearly a year after the 360? How on earth could a company make that many bad decisions involving a product that cost them so much to develop?

haha, sony is just trying to see just how much drm people will take. rootkits anyone?

they cant do that....and if they do only people with loads of ££££££££$$$$$$$$$$$ will buy it. if i buy a game for my xbox i always buy preowned games because i think £30-£40 is steep for a game.

so theres not going to have a decent online system, no preowned games, if the console breaks u have to buy all new games, it going to be ϋber expensive, and its being released 6mths after everyone in the world has bought an xbox360.

BYE BYE SONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!YOU SUCK

nahmus said:
while there at it they should just go back to 8 bit graphics and finish annoying the rest of the gaming public. why leave a job half done :D

Heheh, I´m not up to date with consoles at all. I´m still trying to play all the SNES, Genesis, and NES games not to mention all the other amazing old games. There´s more than enough entertainment in those old games. :) Who needs new games?

If this is indeed true, I won't be getting PS3. It's too common for the first batch of systems to have bugs or design flaws that can shorten its life or even kill it outright. And Sony doesn;'t have the best track record with previous Playstations. First one was prone to overheating and laser guide often wore down to the point of not being close to the CD. The first batch of PS2 weren't too specular either.

If SoE does keep this, I hope they have a way of transferring PS3 games should PS3 be hopelessly dead. This would also kill rental market (as someone mentioned) and if PS3 becomes a major system used game market would also suffer.

tom10167 said:

It is the rumor mill but it could happen. Sony is going DRM crazy. First the cds, now the PSP and possibly the PS3.

Hopefully we are overexagerating and none of this will come to life.

Feydd said:
Does Microsoft have some people in sony performing espionage or something? Seriusly, no rentals, no trading games period, bad on-line support and coming out nearly a year after the 360? How on earth could a company make that many bad decisions involving a product that cost them so much to develop?

LOL! Seriously! Is Bill Gates a majority stockholder at Sony now??

Back