• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Linksys BEFW11S4 router not working

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Weezynin3r

Registered
Hey all,

My Linksys BEFW11S4 router has stopped working. The 4 ethernet ports seem to be broken. When there is a network cable plugged into anyone of those (ports 1,2,3, and 4) the light doesn't come on. The Power, Wireless-B, and Internet lights all come on when everything is plugged in but not the ethernet lights on the router. I've tried different cables to no success and I've tried resetting the router via pressing in the reset button on the back of the router for 10 seconds. Should I try to upgrade the firmware? Is it even worth it.? In a couple of weeks I'm planning to wire my house with cat5e or cat5 and I was going to get a Linksys WRTG54 then. Right now all computers are on wireless and I can't wait to get them wired.

The serial number is C2760D3F1471 E1 if that helps at all.

Weezynin3r said:
Hey all,

My Linksys BEFW11S4 router has stopped working. The 4 ethernet ports seem to be broken. When there is a network cable plugged into anyone of those (ports 1,2,3, and 4) the light doesn't come on. The Power, Wireless-B, and Internet lights all come on when everything is plugged in but not the ethernet lights on the router. I've tried different cables to no success and I've tried resetting the router via pressing in the reset button on the back of the router for 10 seconds. Should I try to upgrade the firmware? Is it even worth it.? In a couple of weeks I'm planning to wire my house with cat5e or cat5 and I was going to get a Linksys WRTG54 then. Right now all computers are on wireless and I can't wait to get them wired.

The serial number is C2760D3F1471 E1 if that helps at all.

updating firmware would be the first thing to do, especially if the one it has is really old.

Just fixed it! I did a long-reset, pressed reset button in for 30 seconds while on, and the light came on after I restarted. Then I reconfigured the router using the CD and voila! It worked.

Back