• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel 630 or 650 Help me out...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ocdreams

Registered
I bought a 630 cpu from newegg for 175 (still watting on my new asus premiun Motherboard). But Now I have an offer to get the 650 for $200
Should I just stay with the 630 or a quick upgrade to the 650?

Thanks in advanced.

Please get a Pentium D 820.

You can overclock it easily on air to 3.5GHz+

It is only slightly slower for games, BUT much faster for everything else. Ripping audio, encoding video, photoshoping you name it.

Plus multi tasking so nice. You can do stuff and not even know it is happening.

It is the FUTURE!

^^^Why HT works just fine between my dually and my p4 I haven't noticed a difference.

You really should look at the 650 they clock like its no ones business, X had his 4.5ghz stable on air and several others have done over 4.2ghz stable on air.

To answer your question, the 630 will oc to 4ghz as well as the 650. The 650 gives you the headroom to get you father above 4ghz on oc because of its higher stock clock.

:welcome: to the forums. :)
I'm currently running a 650 and so far I'm @4.2GHz 247x17 with 1.375 Vcore on air. I've had this up to 4.7GHz but i had to give it 1.5V which i would never run for a sustained amount of time. I'm sure with water i could get some crazy overclocks. You could always sell the 630 and get the 650, great chip!

^^^^
Totally agree. These things run hot enough. Anything you can do to combat the heat is good and for only $25 I say get it because it is worth it.

BTW :welcome:

Nasgul said:

I'd say for an extra $25 it's worth getting the 650......Just like Dyslkee mentioned above.

ok for $25 more it's worth it as said above you will get a much higher overclock.

Back