• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help, memory doesnt run at FSB400 when it's rated to run at that speed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dkim086

Registered
I have Corsair ValueSelect PC3200 DDR400 512MB ram.

My cpu fsb is 333mhz and I have an asus a7n8x-e deluxe mb. I oc'd the fsb to 200mhz and left the multiplier alone at 11.5. I primed it for only 6mins and already there were errors. I know it is not the cpu as I tested the cpu alone. So obviously I guess it is the ram. I tryed oc'ing the fsb to 195mhz and I've been priming it for about 3 hours and it works fine. I was wondering why the ram can't run at its rated speed of DDR400?

the bios has the memory set at 2.6volts and the memory is rated at 2.5volts. whoops :bang head but wait the bios doesnt let me set it to 2.5volts. it only goes to 2.6-2.8. But does .1 volt matter?

no. The problem would be if it was way too low or too high.

How did you test the cpu alone at that overclock? Did you test it at that clock with any ram? If not, then perhaps the oc is too much when you need to power up ram as well.

there's an option for Prime95 to test the cpu more then the memory. Plus my temps for the cpu stay at around 35C-40C even under 100% load.

Back